Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

It becomes becomings happy feelings all

Hello there!
Gareth has done a pretty good run down on our Tokyo fun, but before I whisk you up north to Sendai I will mention just a couple of things...

In this photo I am outside the Karaoke bar, but behind me you can see a rack of clothes that we were delighted to learn were for hiring while you sing. Happiness!


I also have to mention the hotel toilets. Fit for a princess, I tell you. Heated seat, two types of fountains, deodoriser and fake flushing sounds (to diguise any blushing sounds). I'm sure there must have been a button to make rainbows somewhere on it too.

Anyway all too soon it was time to catch the Shinkansen (Bullet Train) to Sendai. I don't want to shatter too many illusions when I say this, but it didn't really feel that fast eep! Jolly nice ride through the countryside though.

We arrived in Sendai during the Tanabata festival, which is a celebration of the appearance of two stars in the night sky. Vega and Altair are two lovers separated by the Milky Way. Once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar they meet! Romance.
Sendai was looking absolutely glorious with large paper decorations hanging in the major streets and shopping arcades, and people running around in yukata and kimono.





No comments: